Keep Your Market Informed
On face value, email marketing is a highly effective method of reaching a target audience. It’s cheap, time specific, easy to personalise and measurable. Crucially it also ‘pushes’ information to an audience. This attribute has also been its greatest weakness though, as it has encouraged the proliferation of ‘spam’, making it a real challenge now to connect with potential customers through email.
Email can be used to support a wide range of marketing activities, including prospecting for new customers, promoting special offers and events, sending newsletters to existing customers, as well as providing customer service and market research.
Planning an effective email marketing campaign
Successful email marketing now often uses personalisation techniques to provide information that is more relevant to an audience and relies on the premise that a company has permission to contact an audience. Both of these concepts are crucial in differentiating your email as a worthwhile offering from the mass of spam coming into an inbox.
When planning an email marketing campaign you should also consider the following:
- which marketing activities do you want to use email to support?
- should you build your own list or rent one, and how can you find an effective, targeted list?
- how can you integrate email with your other marketing campaigns and activities?
- how should you obtain permission to contact an audience by email and have you considered the impact of data protection and privacy laws?
- what is the best way to design and create the actual email?
- how can you measure the effectiveness of your campaigns?
You should also read our more extensive list of e-mail marketing tips.
How Web Marketing Workshop can help
As part of our website marketing services, we can help to design and implement your email marketing campaigns from start to finish, or we can offer consultancy and other support for your campaigns at various stages.
For example, we can:
- advise you on how to best utilise email marketing in you particular situation
- source and develop lists or databases to manage your in-house lists
- help you comply with data protection and privacy laws
- plan and write the email content
- manage the mailing process
- provide detailed reporting to measure the effectiveness of each campaign.
If you would like to discuss the planning and implementation of email marketing campaigns for your business, please contact us now for more information. Alternatively, why not request our FREE marketing assessment to discover what online marketing opportunities may exist for your site.