As the mobile web is still the most widely used platform where people turn when they want to know, go, do or buy, it’s important for Google to deliver the kind of mobile experience that people expect today: one that’s fast, engaging and doesn’t get in the way of what they want to accomplish.
Google’s deeply invested in the success of marketers and brands, so it never stops looking for ways to develop and support new tools and innovations that can move the industry forward.
With this in mind and the fact that the foundation for any great mobile experience is a fast mobile experience, a top-to-bottom rebuild has been performed of Test My Site.
According to SOASTA’s (The State of Online Retail Performance), a one-second delay in mobile load times can impact conversion rates by up to 20%. That’s why in 2016 Google created Test My Site, a tool for businesses to check the speed of individual mobile pages and get a few recommended fixes.
But moving at the speed of mobile means making the adjustments needed to continuously improve. So with the new Test My Site, businesses can now see:
Mobile speed overview
- The speed of both their entire site and of individual pages
- Whether their site/page speed is faster or slower compared to the prior month
- Whether their site speed/page speed ranks Fast, Average, or Slow
- How their site speed compares to others in the industry
- The potential impact of site speed on revenue
- A detailed list of recommended fixes to increase speed on up to 5 pages on their site
- A complete report to share with their team
With the new Test My Site, businesses have a single destination to measure, benchmark and take action on mobile site speed.
This is an excellent update by Google and the first step toward a great mobile experience.
If you’d like to know more about how improving your website’s mobile load speed can help your business, contact us now for details.